Thursday, January 27, 2011


The Kids Are All Right

A lesbian couple, Nic and Jules (Annette Bening and Julianne Moore), live with their teenage children, Joni and Laser (Mia Wasikowska and Josh Hutcherson), in a cozy craftsman bungalow in Los Angeles. As Joni prepares for college, her younger brother pesters her for a big favor-help him find their biological father. Against her better judgment, she makes a call to the sperm bank; the bank, in turn, calls Paul (Mark Ruffalo) and asks him if he's willing to meet his daughter. He agrees, and a complicated new chapter begins for the family.

Negative - I started this movie thinking that I could look past the fact that it was about a lesbian couple and enjoy the rest of the movie. From the trailers it looked entertaining enough, and from the praise it had gotten from critics, I thought it sounded like a smart and original story. I was disappointed in every way. The plot is shallow and boring; all the important points are shown in the trailer, there are no other twists or interesting details. Since it's supposed to be a comedy, I expected it to have a lot more humorous moments, but I only laughed once the entire movie. The acting was mediocre from most and completely poor from a few. Annette Bening and Julianne Moore, who were both nominated for Golden Globes, were good, but not what I would call excellent and certainly not deserving of any major awards. I didn't think they had much chemistry; their relationship just wasn't believable. As much as I disagree with it morally, I'm sure two others could have done a better job with their characters.

My score- 6/10

P.S. Can’t understand that why this movie got nominated in the Best Picture category. “People must have been high or Blind or deaf. Ah! Whatever”

No comments:

Post a Comment